Following the success of events in Stresa in Italy 2004, Niagara Falls in Canada 2005, Minori in Italy 2006, Krakow in Poland 2007, Chania in Greece 2008, Shenzhen in China 2009, Thessaloniki in Greece 2010 and Penang in Malaysia 2011, the 2012 IEEE International Conference on Imaging Systems and Techniques (IST’2012) will take place in Manchester in the UK, 10 days before the London Olympic Game.
IST’2012 deals with the design, development, evaluation and applications of imaging systems, instrumentation, and measuring techniques, to enhance detection and image quality. Applications for aerospace, medicine and biology, molecular imaging, metrology, Ladars and Lidars, radars, homeland security, and industrial imaging, with emphasis on industrial and medical tomography, corrosion imaging, and non-destructive evaluation (NDE), will be covered. The following areas will be particularly considered:
• Aerospace imaging
• Medical imaging and bio-nano-photonics
• Tomography for industrial and medical applications
• Environmental monitoring, energy resources
• Real-time imaging and video processing
• Molecular imaging and metabolic imaging
• Remote sensing, passive and active sensing
• Ladars and Lidars
• Multi-spectral polarimetric imaging and Lasers
• Subsurface inspection, corrosion imaging
• Radiation detection, airport security and cargo inspection-standoff detection
• Electromagnetic imaging and inverse scattering
With emphasis on:
• Detector design principles and image formation
• Imaging system design and instrumentation
• Signal and image analysis
• Linear and non-linear processing techniques
• Feature extraction and recognition
• Multi-functional and multi-fusion imaging
All papers presented at the conference will be EI indexed.
High-quality papers, significantly expanded technically, will be published after a peer-review process on Measurement Science and Technology (IOP) journal special issue after the conference (SCI indexed).